Read about the new Baird blog that brightens trading days.
Welcome to the first edition of Digest, Baird’s reimagined and revitalized Private Wealth Management client publication.
Baird’s client satisfaction survey results confirm our commitment.
Why market volatility is less scary when time is on your side.
Baird is a trusted financial partner to communities and schools across the United States.
Let us know how you like our new look, our content and what you’d like to see us do in the future.
Secular shifts between bull and bear markets can be very difficult to identify in real time. Doing so requires an accurate assessment of realities and uncertainties, most of which don’t become clear or quantifiable until after the fact. That’s why, in looking at the current and near-term market environment, we focus on what we know.
- Deadline for withdrawing 2013 required minimum distribution for those who turned age 70 ½ during 2013.
- Deadline for filing 2013 income tax returns without an extension.
- Deadline to make a 2013 contribution to an IRA or Roth IRA, or to a Coverdell Education Savings Account.
- First-quarter 2014 estimated tax payments are due.
- With your income tax return still fresh in your mind, talk with your Financial Advisor on how to structure your portfolio in a more tax-efficient manner.
- Celebrate 529 College Savings Day by reviewing your education savings strategy.
- Deadline for IRA trustees to issue Form 5498, reporting contributions and rollovers to IRAs for 2013. Watch for these forms to arrive in the mail around this date.
- Second-quarter 2014 estimated tax payments are due.
- At the midpoint of the year, prepare a projection of your 2014 tax liability to ensure you’re on pace to avoid any tax underpayment penalties.